Altri Florestal adheres to strict quality standards concerning wood quality and sustainable forest management. The quality standards are certified ISO 9001 compliant. This standard covers eucalyptus logs for pulp production. The quality certification focuses on client satisfaction and improvements in internal procedures.
For sustainable forest management the company is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). This certification also covers the supply chain for the sale of certified wood.
The FSC evaluates the quality of forest management against numerous sustainability standards:
- Responsible natural resource management
- Social responsibility as an employer
- Social relations with the local community
- Minimising the 'ecological footprint'
- Adherence to local legislation
The forest managed by Altri is also certified by the Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).